Saturday, November 8, 2014

Stefanie Sun wins big at Singapore Hit Awards 2014

SINGAPORE: Singer Stefanie Sun won a total of four awards at the Singapore Hit Awards 2014, which was held at the Suntec Singapore Exhibition and Convention Centre on Friday (Nov 7).


She took home the Best Female Vocalist Award, the Most Popular Female Artiste Award, the Best Album Award and the Y.E.S. 93.3FM Pick of the Pops Most Popular Hit Award to become the biggest winner of the evening.


'Winning the Best Album Award means a lot to me because it is an award which recognises every part of the production process. I hope my next album will be even better.


'I am glad I could come today because I think the Singapore Hit Awards deserves our support. Being with all the younger artistes and hearing them sing really inspires me, and re-ignites my passion for music as well as my passion to present something even better to everyone in the future,' said Sun backstage.



Other notable winners include Li Ronghao, who won the Best New Artiste Award and Outstanding Regional Artiste Award (Mainland China), Wang Dawen, who picked up the Most Popular New Artiste Award. Mayday won both the Most Popular Group Award and Best Group Award.


Aaron Yan picked up three awards - the Most Popular Male Artiste Award, Versatile Artiste Award and Listener's Choice: OSIM Favourite Album Cover Award.


'In the past, I envied Eason Chan, Khalil Fong and Jam Hsiao for winning the award. I knew I still had some ways to go, so I've worked hard for this. Winning this has shown me that there is hope if you work hard,' said Yan of his Most Popular Male Artiste Award.


'I'm going to celebrate with the crew. I am really grateful to my fans for staying by my side, and never expected to come so far.'



This year's Singapore Hit Awards saw performances by Malaysia's Jess Lee and Taiwan's James Morris-Cotterill. A number of young local artistes like Abigail Yeo, Bonnie Loo, Lingkai, as well as Kenny Khoo also got the opportunity to perform during the awards show.


'I feel very honoured to share the stage with all the other performers today. This is an awards show I grew up watching.


'Music is very important to me. I'm incredibly happy to actually just have the chance to sing on this fantastic stage at this event,' said Lingkai backstage after her performance.



Eric Moo also wowed the 4,500-strong audience when he belted out a medley of his hit songs such as Waiting for You Till My Heart Aches and Too Foolish, after receiving the Honorary Award, which recognised his contributions to the Singapore music industry over the decades.


'The value of a singer is measured by whether there are still people who want to hear you sing - people who miss hearing your songs. I feel my biggest achievement is really to still have people who want to hear me sing after 30 years in the business.


'I still remember what my mentor Liu Wen Zheng said to me many years ago. He said 'Eric, you are not very handsome, and you don't dance, so you must sing well!' I'll continue to sing with honesty and real emotion for everyone,' said Moo after receiving the trophy.


Those who missed the Singapore Hit Awards 2014 can still catch a telecast of the awards show on Nov 16, on Channel U.


No comments:

Post a Comment